The journal exercises a double-blind peer review process. All articles are reviewed by at least two external reviewers. The external reviewers are appointed by the Editorial-in-Chief from the pool of Editorial Board Members. The Editor-in-Chief may appoint reviewers other than the Editorial Board Members if necessary. The nominated reviewers must review articles based on the given guidelines. Once the review process is completed, the editing process will commence, followed by desktop publishing, proofing of copies and online publishing.
Guidelines for Reviewers
Should you accept the role of a reviewer for the AJODL, you are expected to submit the review feedback within two weeks. Your feedback must be typewritten using single-spaced Times New Roman font 12. It must be written in a supportive, constructive and fair manner using not fewer than 200 words. The feedback must contain:
- Acceptance, conditional acceptance or rejection of the article;
- Objective and concrete comments describing the strengths and weaknesses of the article; and
- Thoughtful review comments that justify the decision.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Editor-in-Chief (This position is to be rotated among the Publication Committee Chairpersons)
- Establish and maintain a good network with collaborating partners and others; and
- Nominate reviewers.
Publication Committee Chairperson
- To act as Editor-in-Chief; and
- Approve the final proof.
Editorial Board Member or Nominated Peer Reviewer
- Read, evaluate and edit articles submitted for publication;
- Verify facts, statistics and referencing; and
- Issue article acceptance or rejection.
Managing Editor: Dr Thirumeni Subramaniam
- Review received articles (conduct pre-screening);
- Manage editorial efforts related to the improvement of the publication by ensuring articles are readable; and
- Proofread articles before publishing.
Language Editor: Ms Azeezah Jameelah Mohamed Mohideen
- Edit articles to improve the use of language; and
- Eliminate language errors.
Layout Editor: Ms Ruhil Imal Mustafa
- Ensure adherence to deadlines;
- Arrange for copyright permission from authors; and
- Perform desktop publishing tasks.
Online Publication Officer: Mr Saiful Amir Ramali
- Upload the journal; and
- Maintain the journal site.